18 Sep Senior Communications Consultant – New Zealand
Herd MSL represents one of Australasia’s largest and most-awarded group of agencies – N2N Communications, Fuel Communications and Touch Creative.
We solve complex business problems through outstanding creative ideas, technically excellent execution and content led multi-channel campaigns. Our difference is our dynamic, fearless and ambitious team – 75 specialists passionate about creative and integrated campaigns with impact. Our skills span creative, communication, social media, content and paid media.
Our strategy is simple: recruit brilliant people, provide great work and the ability to learn in a creative environment. Our talented team is most passionate about complex and disrupted sectors and large scale strategic projects. We work with an impressive portfolio of clients, ranging from established multi-national technology companies, and leading consumer and corporate brands, to innovative industry leaders and fast growth start-ups.
We are on the hunt for an ambitious and energetic Auckland-based Senior Communications Consultant, who is keen to work across some of the globe’s most iconic brands.
You will have a minimum of seven years’ agency communications experience working with industry leading brands to deliver award-winning results for your clients in the consumer space. On a day-to-day basis, you will provide trusted client counsel; assist in the development of complex communications strategies and the practical roll out of NZ communications programmes for our fast-growing Trans-Tasman portfolio.
As a remote team member, you will be equipped with excellent local networks and have the ability to effectively engage internal and external stakeholders. You will excel at managing multiple tasks and deadlines, as well as have outstanding written and verbal skills.
Most importantly you will think independently, be passionate about the industry we work in and the brands we work with, and be motivated to make your mark in a Trans-Tasman team.
You will bring:
• Strong media relationships and knowledge of New Zealand media landscape – with a focus on the consumer space
• Campaign planning and ability to deliver high quality strategic and creative thinking
• Account management skills or ability to provide strong support
• Experience and confidence presenting to client stakeholders
• An ability to translate brand related content and develop unique angles to take to different media
• An ability to manage multiple deadlines and demands
• Experience working with influencers and an understanding of social and/or digital
• Impeccable communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships
• Event management experience and ability to deliver high quality events
• Experience managing and motivating junior team members
• Experience in scoping, planning and resource allocation
You must have:
• Minimum of seven years of consumer experience
• Experience collaborating and working with other agencies across multiple disciplines (creative, media, shopper)
• Confident and proficient publicity skills, and be able to work with teams to deliver strong media results
• Experience being the key client lead on multiple accounts
• Experience delivering in a fast paced environment displaying logical thinking, forward planning and the ability to identify, flag and solve problems
• Must have strong technical skills – both with client subject matter and PR skills
• Team time management and budget stewardship to drive effective, efficient campaigns
• Must be proactive and an ideas generator
• Ability to identify risks and be a problem solver
The role is an initial 12-month contract to cover a maternity leave position. There may be the opportunity for a permanent role in the future for the right Consultant.
Herd MSL is based in the heart of Surry Hills in Sydney. This role is looking for someone that is open to working autonomously from our partner offices in Auckland, New Zealand. You are a self-starter, motivated to build relationships and drive your day-to-day activity with the support of a remote team.
If you’re ambitious, driven, committed and a problem solver, please apply!
Click Here to Apply