22 Feb Account Director/Senior Account Director – Corporate Affairs- Vacant
Herd MSL represents one of Australia’s largest and most awarded group of independent agencies – N2N Communications, Fuel Communications and Touch Creative. We solve complex business problems through outstanding creative ideas, technically excellent execution and content led multi-channel campaigns. Our difference is our dynamic, fearless and ambitious team- more than 55 specialists passionate about creative and integrated campaigns with impact. Our skills span creative, communication, social media, content and paid media.
Our strategy is simple – recruit brilliant people, provide great work and the ability to learn in a creative environment. Our talented team is most passionate about complex and disrupted sectors and large scale strategic projects. We work with an impressive portfolio of clients, ranging from established multi-national companies and leading consumer brands to innovative industry leaders and fast growth start-ups.
As a result of our continuous growth and success, we have a role for an account director or senior account director with corporate affairs experience to join our award-winning team.
The role will give you the opportunity to lead some of our medium to large sized corporate accounts and be a key player across other projects and accounts. Through the delivery of strategic insights and advice, you will develop & implement communications and media strategies for our clients including reputation management, crisis and issues management plans aligned to the brand objectives and desired outcomes of each client.
In this role, you will:
- Design and execute high profile, large scale campaigns that build brand equity and minimize reputational risk, and positively influence regulators, industry bodies, government stakeholders, policymakers and the Australian public
- Be responsible for managing accounts, ensuring teams deliver outstanding work to clients on time and on budget
- Influence and provide trusted and strategic counsel to senior management, executives, and stakeholders
- Build and leverage relationships with key stakeholders such as clients, media, government, suppliers and partners with a view to create opportunities for N2N and its clients and drive agency growth
- Attract, grow, engage and retain a team of talented consultants
- Thrive in a fast-paced, creative and entrepreneurial environment
- Have the curiosity to continually learn and grow.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor in Communications, Journalism, Politics, or business-related discipline
- 8 to 15 years’ in-house and agency experience, independently leading and running accounts across corporate affairs, reputation management and corporate communications
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contentious issues management, journalism and/or communication planning
- Broad policy awareness with direct knowledge of the tech sector and the key issues impacting multinational organisations in Australia
- Previous experience in the design and execution of high profile, large scale campaigns
- A keen interest in Australia’s media and political landscape, and strong relationships with influential journalists at top tier publications
- Strong experience in business development, with a proven record in winning business and growing the corporate affairs practice
- Proven experience working with high-performing teams to achieve great results
- Strong experience coaching and developing a team of consultants to ensure meaningful work and long term career paths
- Exposure to public policy & government/legislative affairs (beneficial).
With multiple recent award wins including two PR Cannes Lion Awards for Creativity and local industry, this is a rare opportunity to join our successful and growing team.
We invest heavily in training and development, are passionate about our culture and believe our team are at their best when they can actively pursue great opportunities, challenge themselves and have fun while they do it.
Herd MSL offers flexible working arrangements to suit personal commitments, a fast-paced and fun environment, a people focused learning oriented culture, variety and new opportunities, and a heap of added benefits including birthday days off, Friday 3pm finish throughout summer, additional leave with longevity, fresh fruit and more! Plus you get to work in our creative and open office in the heart of Surry Hills.
We are proud to say that our team actively welcomes, promotes and celebrates the diversity and inclusion of people from a variety of backgrounds and reflects this attitude in all business practices. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australians, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
If you have ambition and drive for a leadership career in agency, we would love the opportunity to meet you!
Click Here to Apply