n2n developed a research paper on Open Storage which looked at the challenges that ANZ C-level and IT executives faced when it came to storage.
In order to drive downloads of the research paper, and in turn secure tangible leads for Sun Microsystems, n2n needed to incorporate a social media aspect to the marketing of the research paper. The goal was to drive traffic to the research paper, get people downloading the paper and converting those downloads into qualified leads for Sun.
In order to educate Sun on the value of social media, the first stage of the campaign was for n2n to develop a detailed social media engagement plan for the project.
Following the development and presentation of the plan n2n engaged in a targeted social media campaign which included:
- n2n developed an Open Storage ANZ twitter page, designed to engage with the storage community in Australia and present relevant and engaging information to this community in lead up to the whitepaper
- n2n identified key Facebook groups Sun should engage with and provided relevant content to Sun to share with those groups
- n2n Identified key storage groups which were already in existence in LinkedIn
- Detailed how to post content into LinkedIn Groups
- Engaged in a Direct Ad campaign on LinkedIn targeting IT professionals in Australia
- Identified key storage blogs and individual bloggers for Sun to target
- Provided an outline to Sun on how best to engage with bloggers
- Communicated to relevant storage bloggers ahead of time about the whitepaper
- Email Marketing
- Advised Sun on best practice for email marketing
- Drafted emails to be distributed to targeted lists
- Distributed 30,000 emails over 5 different targeted lists
n2n was able to educate Sun on the benefits of using social media to drive downloads and leads.
Top line results achieved were:
- Twitter: 42 posts were made over a 4 week timeframe (average 10 per week), with 1,031 followers secured in 4 week timeframe
- LinkedIn: Through LinkedIn direct ads n2n secured 8,000 page impressions and delivered Sun 4 qualified leads at a cost of $15 per lead
- The campaign achieved more than 600 downloads of the Whitepaper and delivered Sun 150 qualified leads
- The campaign exceeded all our goals in downloads and lead generation KPIs set for the campaign